THE COLLECTIVE LINKS HERE





GTRONIC LOVES TRASHBAGS
posted by THE COLLECTIVE | EXCLUSIVE!

INTERVIEW + PODCAST, EXCLUSIVE TO TRASHBAGS COLLECTIVE


GTRONIC has taken time off his busy Schedule to speak to Trashbags up close and personal on whats to come, during his We Love noize Tour and more.

For those who’ve been living under rock, care to tell us a bit about yourself?

G:My name is Greg aka Gtronic. I'm 24 years old and making some electronic beats for 3 years now, I think. I live in Antwerp, Belgium. My favourite color is blue and I really like potatoes with sausages and cauliflower.

What’s the meaning behind the pseudonym Gtronic?

G:I don't know. I just express myself trough music. I try to make heavy trash music, as it should be for me. I just love hanging around in my music studio, and learning some new producing techniques...

Could you tell our readers a bit about your musical roots? How and when did you know you wanted to produce electro?

G:I grew up in a musical environment. My father is a songwriter and guitarist. So when I was a little child, I always played with all kind of instruments. That's how I began playing the guitar. I jammed with a lot of musicians. After a while, I started playing around with Virtual DJ, Reason and Fruityloops. From that moment my interests in making my own electro music developed more and more.

When you first started producing, what gear were you using?

G:A PC that crashed all the time and a pair of bad headphones.

What equipment are you currently using?

G:Monitors: Yamaha HS80 (I will make an upgrade to Event Opal soon)

PC: AMD Quadcore 3Ghz with 8 Gb Ram and enough disk space + 2x 22" monitors

DAW: Sony Acid Pro 6.0c and Cubase 5 + a lot of Virtual instruments

Soundcard: Line6 TonePort UX2

MIDI: Evolution MK-249, Akai Pad MPD24 and Evolution UC-33e

Extra: a simple microphone, Fender Telecaster from 1985

Oh shit! Your studio is on fire! You only have time to save one piece of gear! What is it?

G:I would sing the Belgian national anthem and die with my gear.

A lot of people would define your music as auditory anarchy, an all out assault on the senses, but what do 'you' define your sound as?

G:haha Thank you, that's a compliment for me.

I would like to define my music style as "Heavy Bass Trash". I try to find a perfect balance between heavy basslines and sharp fucked up sounds.

You've just released your Camel Toe EP with Lektroluv Records, care to tell our readers a bit about it?

G:Well, I signed to Lektroluv Records. As a debut album, I choose two older songs who weren't released yet. Cameltoe is a track I really like for it's simple melody. Suck My Lollipop is a more dirty fidget bouncing track. One of the first tracks where I discovered my own sound...

We understand you've just signed to Steve Aoki's label. Can you tell us anything about the EP your working on under the Dimmak banner?

G:I made an EP with 3 tracks. This EP will include a new track "Sucker Punch", an older track "My Money" and a fully re-edited track called "Slasher". The Sucker Punch EP will be released around the 14th July.

Would you say any other artists have had a strong influence on your work?

G:Yeah offcourse. I grew up with the starting of Boys Noize, The Proxy, Dim and the old compilation cd's of Lektroluv. Without these artists I would never knew this style of electronic music.

It's your lucky day, Trashbagskids has given you magical powers; you can play with one artist dead or alive, anywhere in the world. Who and where is it?

G:mmmm

...

I would like to play with JLO in my bedroom muaha

Are there any producers at the moment you think we should be keeping our eyes on?

G:All Belgian producers, TAI, DjAntention, Tom Deluxx and Cyberpunkers

Gtronic, this will be your third Australian invasion. From experience, what have you come to expect from your aussie fans?

G:People jumping like crazy with their naked sweaty bodies and titties, screaming my name and doing the hart-sign with their fingers.

OH God, I love the aussie fans haha

Australian's love a lot of things, but wild parties are towards the top of the list. Can you tell our readers what they can expect from you and the We Love Noize tour?

G:I have A LOT of new tracks and remixes to play! So I'm very excited for the feedback.

Where-ever you go...mayhem follows, but what's the most memorable set you've played?

G:My first gig in Oxford Art Factory with Trashbags. I never thought people would like my crazy music so much... I have a lot of respect for all these persons who're supported me.

When you're not tearing it up in the studio or behind the decks, where could we find you relaxing?

G:In my couch, playing and practising FIFA 2010 on my PS3. Everywhere I go abroad, I have to defend the Belgian pride haha

A fan sees you and offers to shout you a drink, what are you taking?

G:Jägermeister bombs or whiskey-sprite. Thank you very much!


GTRONIC Loves Trashbags (30 min Mix) [right click & save link as]